13 Popular Wedding Flowers and What They Symbolize
Flowers are one of the most essential elements of your wedding day. A recent article, Wedding flower meanings: What your bouquet is really saying tells the meaning of the flowers you love to find out if they are a fit for you and your partner.
Here are some popular wedding flowers and what they symbolize to help you create a bouquet that comes from the heart.
1. Lilac – represents love’s first emotions. So if you are going to walk down the aisle with your first love, lilacs are the perfect flowers for you.
2. Baby’s breath – signifies innocence. This is popular bouquet filler. Enhance your bridal bouquet with these tiny flowers and bundle them with a stunning pearl bouquet wrap.
3. Peony – represents happy marriage and good fortune. Peonies are one of the most romantic flowers you can include in a bridal bouquet.
4. Rose – comes in different hues.
- Red represents romance.
- White humility and innocence.
- Orange is for desire.
- Pink represents admiration.
5. Tulips – represent love and passion. These blooms are available in spring time.
6. Calla lily – symbolizes magnificent beauty and regality. Its trumpet shape makes it a popular wedding flower.
7. Chrysanthemum – symbolizes wealth, abundance, truth and joy.
8. Carnations – come in different colors.
- Pink signifies gratitude and courage.
- Red signifies love.
- White means both pure love and talent.
9. Daffodil – means new beginnings. It is the perfect flower for a bridal bouquet. Wrap a bunch of daffodils in a scalloped edge bridal trim to highlight the beauty of your wedding bouquet.
10. Freesia – denotes innocence and friendship. These flowers come in different hues that can perfectly match any wedding color palette.
11. Gerbera – symbolizes happiness. It radiates brightness.
12. Orchid – signifies love, beauty, strength, and luxury. Orchids come in many colors. This bloom is ideal for a tropical wedding.
13. Hydrangea – represents understanding, perseverance and heartfelt emotion. These blooms have amazing watercolor effects, perfect addition to a wedding bouquet.
Choosing the flowers you love whose meanings have some significance to you and your fiancé is great, giving you the opportunity to share a glimpse of your great love story. Do you need more inspiration? Follow us on Facebook and Pinterest for the latest in Fashion.